I have used these cards on a weekly basis for years and it is one tool I never get tired of because there are so many options! The kids love them because they can get up and around with many of these activities and it's a win for you because it's great for assessing content mastery.
Here is a list of ideas to use with these cards:
- Trace with whiteboard marker
- Write words that begin with the letter on the back
- Wikki-stix/Bendaroos to form the letter
- Form letter using beans, noodles or rice
- Lay letters on the floor. Students stand on a letter and say the sound
- Lay letters down, sort words/pictures under the correct sound (beginning, middle or ending)
- Hide letters around the room. Students find the letter that makes the ....sound
- Hand each student a letter and they go find something in the room that starts with that sound.
- Spell a CVC word by stepping on the correct letters
- Step on the letter that you hear in the (beginning, middle, end) of the word ......
- Stand on a letter and tell a word that starts or ends with it